How is your mindset?
To determine if your mindset is more negative or positive, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you complain a lot? (this can be about anything!)
- Are you hard on yourself? Do you put yourself down or are you critical of yourself?
- Are you more pessimistic than optimistic? (sometimes this can be under the guise of being “realistic”)
- If you are going through something difficult in your life, is it difficult to find things to be grateful for?
- Do you gossip about other people and their problems?
- Do you worry about things a lot?
- Have you ever found yourself easily getting outraged about stories or things that people say online?
- Do you watch or follow a lot of news or reality shows (ex. Bachelor, Real Housewives, Kardashians…shows that are filled with drama)
- Are you a people pleaser? Does it matter to you what other people think about you and if they approve of you?
- Do you get your feelings hurt or get offended easily?
- Are you overly focused on getting more money, a better house, a spouse, a better job, or more “stuff”?
- Are you a perfectionist?