Dump and set recipes make eating healthy so much easier! I’m going to be honest here. I can be a bit lazy when it comes to fixing a healthy meal. That’s kind of what got me trapped in obesity for so long! Having a list of super simple throw and go recipes can be a lifesaver! You don’t feel like you’re “cooking” when you fix something like this Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup.
When you’re using either a slow cooker or an electric pressure cooker, it’s a no brainer. I actually made this soup on an evening when I needed something I could make quickly with little fuss. I had forgotten to thaw out meat, so I wasn’t sure what to fix for dinner. I had all of the ingredients handy so I decided to create this! So simple and I had a healthy meal in a little over 30 minutes!
This recipe is naturally gluten-free and freezes well.
I love to top this chicken taco soup with a tiny bit of cheddar cheese. You could also add some chives or avocado as well!
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Instant Pot
- 2 chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 2 cups broth
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup canned black beans (1/2 a can)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Add all ingredients to electric pressure cooker
- Seal and set on soup setting
- Allow to naturally release at least 10 minutes
- Pull out chicken and shred with two forks
- Return chicken to soup and stir
- Top with cheese, chives, sour cream, avocado, or any other topping of your choice
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers