Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I absolutely love homemade salsa! When it’s fresh, it just can’t be beaten. And this version of salsa, also known in some circles as Cowboy Caviar is absolutely divine! I was given this recipe years ago and used to make it all of the time and forgot about it. That was until a trip to a local Trader Joes, where I spotted their brand of jarred Cowboy Caviar. It sent me on a search for my recipe which led me to make a batch because let’s face it….there is nothing quite like fresh, and that’s no exception with this salsa.
This dish is a real multi-tasker! It can be used as a dip for tortilla chips or veggies. But I adore eating it as a summer side salad with some grilled chicken or a nice southwestern seasoned steak! It can also be used as a topper for tacos or fajitas. And to make this during the summer and early fall when there are lots of fresh tomatoes out in the garden…..wow!!
One little trick with this dip is to let is sit in the fridge for a few hours (overnight is even better) before serving. This allows all of the flavors to meld and mature and it makes is so much tastier!
To make this grain-free, simply leave out the sweet corn. It is naturally gluten-free.
- 1 1/2 cups organic frozen corn thawed
- 1 can organic black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 2 avocados diced
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped finely
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped finely
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Add corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, onion and avocado to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl and pour over top of the vegetables
- Mix well
- Cover and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (overnight is even better)